The National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA) is offering this scholarship. Here are the applications: 2022 NIAAA Scholarship Application (non PDF, non-fillable) and fillable 2022 NIAAA Scholarship Application. It is also available for download on the MSADA website.
Everything must be submitted electronically and received by February 26, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a hard copy must be sent, it must be postmarked no later than February 26, 2022, and sent to MSADA, c/o Carol M. Satterwhite, CAA, 5467 Gloucester Rd., Columbia, MD 21044.
- Applicant must be a true Senior (4 years, 8 semesters)
- Applicant must have achieved at least two (2) of the following: (a.) minimum of B+ average, (b.) ranked in the top 25% of class, (c). ACT score of 24 or SAT score of 1100 (Math and Reading)
- Applicant must have participated in two (2) sports for a least two (2) years in each sport
- Applicant must have earned at least one (1) varsity letter in each of the two (2) sports
- Applicant must complete and include scholar/essay
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
- School athletic director must be an NIAAA member and a member of the MSADA, their state athletic administrators/
- The principal or athletic director must sign the application to ensure that the academic information submitted is accurate
- Everything must be submitted electronically and received by February 26, 2022 to email@example.com.
If a hard copy must be sent, it must be postmarked no later than February 26, 2022 and sent to MSADA c/o Carol M. Satterwhite, CAA, 5467 Gloucester Rd., Columbia, MD 21044
- State Winners – If selected, the male and female athletes will each receive a plaque recognizing them as a state winner and $500 from the MSADA.
- NIAAA Section Winners – If selected, the male and/or female athletes will receive a $1500 scholarship and a plaque recognizing them as a section winner
- National Winners – If selected the male and/or female athletes will receive a $2500 scholarship and a glass etching recognizing them as a national winner, in addition to attending the National Conference for Athletic Administrators in December to present their essay.
If you have any questions, please email our athletics specialist, Gina Grubb at Regina_R_Grubb@mcpsmd.org. We hope to have as many of our senior Falcon athletes apply for this wonderful opportunity as possible.