Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) and Poolesville High School are excited to announce that registration for Spring sports is now open! Below is information regarding the upcoming season, as well as the registration process.
How to Register
Students must be registered by February 25th in order to guarantee that their registration will be processed in time for the first day of tryouts.
Steps for Registering via ParentVue (DIRECTIONS AVAILABLE HERE).
- Login to MCPS ParentVue Portal.
- Locate “Online Registration” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- You should then see prompts to enter information for the “2022 HS Athletics Registration – Spring”.
If you see something for “Annual Verification” or “Resume Annual Registration”, please click the “Start Over” button, log out and log back in, this should then allow you to access the Athletic Registration.
- The Athletics Registration screens will have you verify information in the system and then allow you to review and complete the Athletics Registration forms.
If any of the information appearing on the “Family” or “Parent/Guardian” information screens is incorrect, please contact the School Registrar to have this corrected before completing your registration.
ParentVue Troubleshooting Information
- If you have never activated your parent account: Parents were sent activation information at the beginning of the school year, which included an Activation Key. If you still have this information, use it to activate your parent account. If you do not have the activation information or forgot the email address you used to activate your account, contact Adrienne Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or Teri Gregg at email@example.com. Be sure to include the student name, ID, and parent name in the email. You can also call the Main Office at Poolesville High School at 240-740-2400 during normal office hours.
Forgot your password? Click on the Forgot Password link on the ParentVue Portal.
Students should complete their pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) so that the medical eligibility form (last two pages of SR-8) is ready for online submission or for submission to the athletic specialist, Regina Grubb, prior to tryouts/practices for approval. Physicals are valid for one calendar year. Physicals can be uploaded by the parent during the registration process. However, if a parent needs to submit a physical after the student has already been registered, email an electronic copy of the completed pre-participation physical (MCPS Form SR-8) to Poolesville HS Athletic Specialist Regina Grubb at Regina_R_Grubb@mcpsmd.org.
All high school students will be required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or the MCPS Medical Exemption Form prior to participation. This requirement applies to the spring sports season, as well as all out-of-season conditioning activities conducted through MCPS Athletics. This requirement is supported by the COVID-19 Task Force for MCPS Athletics, which includes representation from the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services and the Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, along with multiple MCPS departments. This requirement also aligns with recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
Tryout Schedules by Sport
Students MUST be registered through ParentVUE Portal and approved by February 25th in order to begin participation. Students also must have an updated physical, covid supplement, and proof of covid vaccination.
Dress Appropriately for the Weather
Track & Field (Coed)