The Poolesville High School Athletic Booster Club is an organization whose primary mission is to raise money to support and supplement the athletic program at PHS. Our student athletes have responded by representing their school in an extraordinary manner — with class, sportsmanship and effort.
As the county school budget continues to tighten, the athletic department is left more and more to fend for itself. Without the continuing support of the Athletic Booster Club, much of the team equipment and facilities improvements could not be done.
Some recent improvements to the athletic facilities include:
- Upgrades to the baseball and softball fields including new batting cages and bleachers
- Ongoing seasonal turf maintenance of the stadium playing surface and practice fields
- Purchase of a state-of-the-art scorers table with electronic scoreboard for the gymnasium
- Purchase of a new zero-turn riding mower for the stadium
- Backstop netting for use during field hockey, soccer and lacrosse matches
- Long jump pit, discus, and shot put pad for track and field
MCPS Cheerleading Competition
Make plans to support our cheerleaders at this year’s MCPS Cheerleading Competition on Saturday, October 26 at 2:00pm at Blair (Door open at 1:30pm). They are at multiple games supporting our teams. It is our turn to support them! Tickets can be bought at the door or from a cheerleader for $5.00 … read more
Online Athletic Registration for Winter Sports
The myMCPS Parent Portal is now open for winter sports registration. Be sure to get your student-athlete registered prior to Friday, November 15th, the first day of winter sports. If you are having trouble getting your student-athlete registered, click here for a parent guide to on-line registration. Look for individual sport tryout dates and times later this month on our Tryouts page.
Falcons in the News
Damascus upsets Poolesville for fourth straight win
Montgomery Sentinel, October 7, 2019
Thanks to a 22nd-minute goal by senior striker Chloe Wilson, the Damascus girls soccer team defeated rivals Poolesville 1-0, ending the Falcons’ eight-game winning streak.Wilson launched a shot over the head of Poolesville senior goalkeeper Rachel Tievy and the ball floated inside the net … read more
Promoting a Positive Culture
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is dedicated to promoting a positive culture in our schools, on our athletic teams and in our community. The following are some resources compiled for the numerous stakeholders committed to providing our students with a safe, positive environment to learn, grow and progress in.
- Identifying Hazing and Promoting a Positive Culture PowerPoint
- Tips for Parents to Help Their Children Understand Bullying and Hazing
- What Parents Need to Know
- What Students Need to Know
- High School Resource Guide: Hazing Prevention.org
- School Safety Mapping
- Tips for Teams and Athletic Coaches to Eliminate and Prevent Hazing