The Poolesville High School Athletic Booster Club is an organization whose primary mission is to raise money to support and supplement the athletic program at PHS. Our student athletes have responded by representing their school in an extraordinary manner — with class, sportsmanship and effort.
As the county school budget continues to tighten, the athletic department is left more and more to fend for itself. Without the continuing support of the Athletic Booster Club, much of the team equipment and facilities improvements could not be done.
Some recent improvements to the athletic facilities include:
- Upgrades to the baseball and softball fields including new batting cages and bleachers
- Ongoing seasonal turf maintenance of the stadium playing surface and practice fields
- Purchase of a state-of-the-art scorers table with electronic scoreboard for the gymnasium
- Purchase of a new zero-turn riding mower for the stadium
- Backstop netting for use during field hockey, soccer and lacrosse matches
- Long jump pit, discus, and shot put pad for track and field
Promoting a Positive Culture
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is dedicated to promoting a positive culture in our schools, on our athletic teams and in our community. The following are some resources compiled for the numerous stakeholders committed to providing our students with a safe, positive environment to learn, grow and progress in.
- Letter to MCPS Sports Community
- Identifying Hazing & Promoting a Positive Culture PowerPoint
- Tips for Parents to Help Their Children Understand Bullying and Hazing
- What Parents Need to Know
- What Students Need to Know
- High School Resource Guide: Hazing Prevention.Org
- School Safety Mapping
- Tips for Teams and Athletic Coaches to Eliminate and Prevent Hazing
Falcons in the News
Falcons Take Down Seneca Valley
Montgomery Sentinel, October 12, 2018
David slayed Goliath Thursday night at John Harvill Stadium. Despite a steady downpour throughout the game and a 30-minute lightning delay, The Falcons varsity football team from Poolesville High School, the smallest public school in Montgomery County, defeated the Seneca Valley Screamin’ Eagles for the first time ever … read more
Fedders’ Goal Earns Spot on ESPN’s Top 10
GermantownPulse.net, October 5, 2018
Junior Zack Fedder scored an unassisted goal from 45 feet away in the Falcons 1-0 win over Damascus on Thursday to even their record at 3-3 (3-2 in Montgomery 3A/2A). You can watch the video here.
Hemingway’s Five TDs Powers Poolesville Past Winters Mill
GermantownPulse.net, September 14, 2018
In the Battle of Falcons, the Poolesville Falcons defeated the Winters Mill High School Falcons 45 to 33 on Friday, thanks in large part to Colin Hemingway’s five touchdown night.
The Winters Mill Falcons made the 45 mile trip from Westminster in Carroll County to Poolesville on Friday night, and for the fourth straight year the Poolesville Falcons came out on top … read more
Six Inducted into PHS Athletic Hall of Fame
September 14, 2018
Athletic Director Gina Grubb presented certificates to six PHS athletes and coach at the annual Hall of Fame ceremony held at halftime of today’s football game versus Winters Mill.
The 2018 Class included: Gene Phillips (1972 Basketball, Soccer, and Baseball), Gus Johnson (1972 Basketball, Soccer), Randy Clark (1993 Soccer, Basketball, and Outdoor Track and Field), Maureen Duvall (2005 Volleyball), Janelle Thompson (2004 Cross Country, Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field), and Coach Nancy Hopkinson (1980 to 1999: Swimming, Field Hockey, and Boy’s Tennis).