The Poolesville High School Athletic Booster Club is an organization whose primary mission is to raise money to support and supplement the athletic program at PHS. Our student-athletes have responded by representing their school in an extraordinary manner — with class, sportsmanship, and effort.
As the county school budget continues to tighten, the athletic department is left more and more to fend for itself. Without the continuing support of the Athletic Booster Club, much of the team equipment and facilities improvements could not be done.
Some recent improvements to the athletic facilities include:
- Upgrades to the baseball and softball fields including new batting cages and bleachers
- Ongoing seasonal turf maintenance of the stadium playing surface and practice fields
- Purchase of a state-of-the-art scorers table with an electronic scoreboard for the gymnasium
- Purchase of a new zero-turn riding mower for the stadium
- Backstop netting for use during field hockey, soccer, and lacrosse matches
- Long jump pit, discus, and shot put pad for track and field
Falcons in the News
Fall season update
February 17, 2021
Please note that this MCPS facility is closed to all community users at 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday, starting February 27, 2021, to accommodate the safe return of the school’s athletic teams. Additionally, Saturday closures may also be necessary and will be communicated by the school. We appreciate your cooperation and support of MCPS Athletics.
For more information, please visit the MCPS Athletics website.
PHS and MCPS coaching opportunities
November 10, 2020
Interested in coaching in MCPS? The MCPS Athletics Promotions and Social Media Committee has created a link to show all the coaching vacancies at Poolesville High School, as well as around MCPS.
The link includes:
- Current openings
- A link on how to apply
- A link to the MCPS Athletics website
- A link to each of the MCPS high school Athletics websites
- Job descriptions for each job
- Stipend pay list for each job
- How to become an official for MPSSAA
If you are interested in a position within Poolesville HS, please click on the link about how to apply or email our Athletic Specialist (AD), Ms. Regina Grubb at Regina_R_Grubb@mcpsmd.org. If you are interested in a position within MCPS, please click on the link about how to apply or email the school’s Athletic Specialist (AD).
Promoting a Positive Culture
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is dedicated to promoting a positive culture in our schools, on our athletic teams, and in our community. The following are some resources compiled for the numerous stakeholders committed to providing students with a safe, positive environment in which to learn, grow, and progress.
- Identifying Hazing and Promoting a Positive Culture PowerPoint
- Tips for Parents to Help Their Children Understand Bullying and Hazing
- What Parents Need to Know
- What Students Need to Know
- High School Resource Guide: Hazing Prevention.org
- School Safety Mapping
- Tips for Teams and Athletic Coaches to Eliminate and Prevent Hazing