The Poolesville High School Athletic Booster Club is an organization whose primary mission is to raise money to support and supplement the athletic program at PHS. Our student-athletes have responded by representing their school in an extraordinary manner — with class, sportsmanship, and effort.
As the county school budget continues to tighten, the athletic department is left more and more to fend for itself. Without the continuing support of the Athletic Booster Club, much of the team equipment and facilities improvements could not be done.
Some recent improvements to the athletic facilities include:
- Upgrades to the baseball and softball fields including new batting cages and bleachers
- Ongoing seasonal turf maintenance of the stadium playing surface and practice fields
- Purchase of a state-of-the-art scorers table with an electronic scoreboard for the gymnasium
- Purchase of a new zero-turn riding mower for the stadium
- Backstop netting for use during field hockey, soccer, and lacrosse matches
- Long jump pit, discus, and shot put pad for track and field
Falcons in the News
Registration for Virtual Spring Sports Now Open
November 23, 2020
Spring Registration is now open! We will be offering the following sports for the spring virtual season, Boys and Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Lacrosse, Outdoor Track & Field, Softball, Baseball, Boys Volleyball, and Coed Volleyball. Use this link to register. Registration will be open until December 8th. Spring season begins on December 14th.
PHS and MCPS Coaching Opportunities
November 10, 2020
Interested in coaching in MCPS? The MCPS Athletics Promotions and Social Media Committee has created a link to show all the coaching vacancies at Poolesville High School, as well as around MCPS.
The link includes:
- Current openings
- A link on how to apply
- A link to the MCPS Athletics website
- A link to each of the MCPS high school Athletics websites
- Job descriptions for each job
- Stipend pay list for each job
- How to become an official for MPSSAA
If you are interested in a position within Poolesville HS, please click on the link about how to apply or email our Athletic Specialist (AD), Ms. Regina Grubb at Regina_R_Grubb@mcpsmd.org. If you are interested in a position within MCPS, please click on the link about how to apply or email the school’s Athletic Specialist (AD).
COVID-19 Task Force for MCPS Athletics
A task force has been meeting to plan and implement the Return to R.A.I.S.E. Strategic Plan and plan for the safe return of the MCPS athletics program. The guiding principles for the task force are:
- Promoting our core values of equity and access to allow for the participation for ALL students.
- Ensuring the gradual, safe return of student-athletes to in-person participation in interscholastic athletic activities.
- Maximizing participation opportunities, including the timely implementation and incremental transition to new phases.
- Providing ongoing communication regarding the current operations of the MCPS Athletics program, in alignment with state and local guidelines, considerations, and recommendations.
The task force consists of the representation of central athletics unit, athletics specialists (ADs), principals coaches, officials, athletic trainers, transportation, facilities, systemwide
safety, extracurricular activities, and fine arts. Recommendations will be shared with MCPS leadership and county health officials for review and approval, to ensure alignment with MCPS and county operational and health guidelines.
We will continue to post information and share it with the Poolesville community as it becomes available. Feel free to reach out to Ms. Regina Grubb, Athletics Specialist at Poolesville High
School, with any questions by email at Regina_R_Grubb@mcpsmd.org.
Previous MCPS Athletics Announcements
- July 30, 2020 – Athletics and Extracurricular Activities
- July 21, 2020 – Fall and Winter Cancellation
- July 17, 2020 – Return to R.A.I.S.E. July 17 Update (and Return to R.A.I.S.E. Plan Phase 1)
- June 15, 2020 – Return to R.A.I.S.E. June 15 Update (and Return to R.A.I.S.E. Plan Phase 1)
- May 29, 2020 – Return to R.A.I.S.E. Strategic Plan Phase 1
Promoting a Positive Culture
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is dedicated to promoting a positive culture in our schools, on our athletic teams, and in our community. The following are some resources compiled for the numerous stakeholders committed to providing students with a safe, positive environment in which to learn, grow and progress in.
- Identifying Hazing and Promoting a Positive Culture PowerPoint
- Tips for Parents to Help Their Children Understand Bullying and Hazing
- What Parents Need to Know
- What Students Need to Know
- High School Resource Guide: Hazing Prevention.org
- School Safety Mapping
- Tips for Teams and Athletic Coaches to Eliminate and Prevent Hazing