The Poolesville High School Athletic Booster Club is an organization whose primary mission is to raise money to support and supplement the athletic program at PHS. Our student-athletes have responded by representing their school in an extraordinary manner — with class, sportsmanship, and effort.
As the county school budget continues to tighten, the athletic department is left more and more to fend for itself. Without the continuing support of the Athletic Booster Club, much of the team equipment and facilities improvements could not be done.
Some recent improvements to the athletic facilities include:
- Upgrades to the baseball and softball fields including new batting cages and bleachers
- Ongoing seasonal turf maintenance of the stadium playing surface and practice fields
- Purchase of a state-of-the-art scorers table with an electronic scoreboard for the gymnasium
- Purchase of a new zero-turn riding mower for the stadium
- Backstop netting for use during field hockey, soccer and lacrosse matches
- Long jump pit, discus, and shot put pad for track and field
Falcons in the News
MCPS Athletics Women in Sports Speaker Series: Next Level Athletes
October 8, 2020
MCPS Athletics is pleased to announce it’s first-ever Women in Sports Series beginning October 21 at 7:00pm via a Zoom webinar. Come and hear from four very influential former MCPS athletes including PHS and Fairleigh Dickinson University graduate, Amy Defnet Miller, a first-team Washington Post All-Met field hockey selection in 2011 for the Falcons Class 2A state finalist team. Student-athletes can contact their coach directly or Ms. Grubb for access information.
Registration for Winter Virtual Athletics Now Open
October 6, 2020
Registration for the Poolesville High School interscholastic athletics virtual program is available now through October 20 to all students at the high school level – no cuts. The high school virtual athletic season consists of a minimum of three student-athlete and coach engagement sessions per week (corollary sports will meet two times per week), over the course of five weeks. The winter virtual season is scheduled to occur between October 26 through November 4, 2020.
All students participating in the winter virtual season, as part of the MCPS interscholastic athletics program, must complete the online registration process. Registration begins today and is done electronically through the Poolesville HS Registration Form. Students must have a valid physical on file with the school. Given the unprecedented circumstances, for students who are unable to secure an updated physical, MCPS will extend the expiration date of an existing physical from the 2019-2020 school year by one calendar year. To the extent a student does not have a physical on file with the school, the student will need to obtain one.
Students and parents/guardians who have difficulty with registration should contact Regina Grubb, Athletic Specialist at Regina_R_Grubb@mcpsmd.org.
We are excited to provide your student with the greatest education-based virtual athletics season during such unprecedented times. We Can, We Will, We R.A.I.S.E.
Want to know more? Download the Virtual Sports FAQ
Are you ready to represent Poolesville Falcons? Check out the REPIT program that is sponsored by the PHS Booster Club. Subscribe to the Poolesville Falcons REPIT program for $59.99 a quarter and receive custom Poolesville Falcons apparel and accessories every Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer seasons with a guaranteed retail value of at least $100. The best gear, the best designs, delivered to you every season.
COVID-19 Task Force for MCPS Athletics
A task force has been meeting to plan and implement the Return to R.A.I.S.E. Strategic Plan and plan for the safe return of the MCPS athletics program. The guiding principles for the task force are:
- Promoting our core values of equity and access to allow for the participation for ALL students.
- Ensuring the gradual, safe return of student-athletes to in-person participation in interscholastic athletic activities.
- Maximizing participation opportunities, including the timely implementation and incremental transition to new phases.
- Providing ongoing communication regarding the current operations of the MCPS Athletics program, in alignment with state and local guidelines, considerations, and recommendations.
The task force consists of the representation of central athletics unit, athletics specialists (ADs), principals coaches, officials, athletic trainers, transportation, facilities, systemwide
safety, extracurricular activities, and fine arts. Recommendations will be shared with MCPS leadership and county health officials for review and approval, to ensure alignment with MCPS and county operational and health guidelines.
We will continue to post information and share it with the Poolesville community as it becomes available. Feel free to reach out to Ms. Regina Grubb, Athletics Specialist at Poolesville High
School, with any questions by email at Regina_R_Grubb@mcpsmd.org.
Previous MCPS Athletics Announcements
- July 30, 2020 – Athletics and Extracurricular Activities
- July 21, 2020 – Fall and Winter Cancellation
- July 17, 2020 – Return to R.A.I.S.E. July 17 Update (and Return to R.A.I.S.E. Plan Phase 1)
- June 15, 2020 – Return to R.A.I.S.E. June 15 Update (and Return to R.A.I.S.E. Plan Phase 1)
- May 29, 2020 – Return to R.A.I.S.E. Strategic Plan Phase 1
Promoting a Positive Culture
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) is dedicated to promoting a positive culture in our schools, on our athletic teams, and in our community. The following are some resources compiled for the numerous stakeholders committed to providing students with a safe, positive environment in which to learn, grow and progress in.
- Identifying Hazing and Promoting a Positive Culture PowerPoint
- Tips for Parents to Help Their Children Understand Bullying and Hazing
- What Parents Need to Know
- What Students Need to Know
- High School Resource Guide: Hazing Prevention.org
- School Safety Mapping
- Tips for Teams and Athletic Coaches to Eliminate and Prevent Hazing